As I reflect on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and the dark day it was, I feel that as a country we shuld counter the darkness by celebrating and embrassing our diversity. We should remember our loses with due respect and embrace our gains w/ much appreciation. My heart goes out to all those whose lives were senslessly lost 10 years ago on this day n the friends n family they had left behind. Shall we never see another horror like this again, shall we all evolve too far and too well from such barberism and learn that love, acceptance and understanding is the only way to ever peacefully coexist with eachother.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
My condolences go out to the friends and family of Officer Fontes of Kapolei HPD. This scenseless tragedy is a lesson to all of us that we need to get our kids back to the simple humbleness and respect for authority. Officer Fontes death by James Dorsey Mancao makes me think of how todays youth has no respect for authority. When I was a kid, a good majority of us would have a change of demeanor when we saw police present. We'd become meek, quiet and humble little mice not wanting any negative attention from near by police, we took extra care of our behavior. Now, kids are the exact opposite, they get wild, crazy, obvious, loud, challenging and defiant. They do not want the fear the generations before had traditionally for police, kids now want to fight against it. Why cant we have a happy medium w/ police and other authorities, respect, not fear, authority w/ humbleness, reverance w/ out cowering? I do know that the for children w/ mental dissabilities, like my son, impulse control can be a very difficult thing. Add to that difficulty the pressure of knowing that police is near, the blue lights, feeling other peoples tension around them and yes, an autistic child can loose it and all heck breaks loose. That could have been the case for James Dorsey Mancao. If that is the case, then as a single mom of an autistic child I feel for the Mancao's too. It is sad that what your child has done is beyond screatches, screams, squeeles and crazy movements when he saw the police. Then again, we do not know if mental disability was the case for James Dorsey Mancao and his killing of Off Fontes could have been a volitle reaction to guilt that ends up creating more guilt.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Growing up in a small town I have seen my fare share of busybodies. If I threw a stone I'd hit a busybody. A busybody, aka "noseylani" by most locals here or in the native Hawaiian language it is "niele", is an individual that doesn't seem to know the boundaries when it comes to "malama kuliana" or minding their own business or they just can't keep their nose out where it doesn't belong. Those who are "niele" are so for 9 different reasons, therefore there are 9 different "noseylani" types as follows:
1) They have no life of their own, but you seem to have one. So they'll latch on to meddling into yours cuz it seems so darn interesting. This is called a "paracitic busybody." Nothing to do with Paris Hilton folks.
2) Then there is the "narsicistic busybody" or the "pious busybody". These hollier-then-thow noseylanies always feel the need to be in control of others lives. They particularly love to bare down on to those they despise or look down at because your so darn wrong and their so self-riteously right. These busybodies feel their way is the one and only true way to live. They are the worlds saving crusader and we must all pucker up when they bend over.
3) There are busybodies that mind the affairs of others because they feel they have no control over their own. For some very odd reason this disempowered busybody feels it much simpler to control others lives much better then their own. They seize the power-n-control moment by meddling into others lives as theirs spiral constantly out of control. These individuals I like to call the"distransferance busybody".
4) Then there is the busybody that just needs to control the comings, goings and every breath of everyone, everything and anything around them. They feel if they relax for one second all hell will break loose. They are the hot mess we just feel a heart attack coming on just thinking about. They feel it their life calling to mind others lives because if they don't take charge nothing will be done and everyone around them doesn't know better. Everyone is irresponsible, its just written on all their faces. These rampant busybodies are what I call the "OCD busybody" aka "control-freaks".
5) Then there are those sick and sadistic busybodies that just meddle in our lives not out of care, love nor control but just to simply f$%* with us. These are the sick dirty bastards that just want to see us pi$$ed off or squirming. They want to do us in, mess us up and over. This kind of busybodying is done by someone who isn't all there in the head (you know,one chip short of a hard drive). This is what I call the "busybody-psycho-b!%@#".
6) Then there is the busybody who is a jealous wench. She meddles and toys with ones life because she wants what they do, have, got or are, etc. She thinks they have things either too easey or they have more then they deserve. This busybody feels that everyone either needs to be just as good or below her in this world and its her natural compulsion to knock you off the pedestal she sees you unrightfully on in her mind. I like to call this the "green-eyed busybody". No offense to green eyed folks.
7) Then there is the "manipulative busybody" that likes to pry into other peoples business for their own personal gaines. These sly busybody types may come across as sweet, caring, or interested folk giving you their time, care and ear, but realy their just using you. They can be using you to see what you can give them in ways of information, money, talents, abilities as well as inteligence quotient and they are not always trying to get to the core of you but sometimes your friends and family or more as well.
8) Then there are the busybodies that do their craft out of love and concern. Their maternal core just worries all the time for everyones future, wellbeing and safety even though their medlings can prove to be more damage then good too irritating, inappropriate or over-the-top at times. These busybodies I like to call "hanai busybodies", they can also take on other titles such as "chopper moms", "smother mothers", "smother-in-law" or in the south sometimes "Madea". Hmmm hm!
9) Then there is the garden variety lower level noseylanies that do not have the same motivations and intent as the above mentioned busybodies but is one and doesn't even know she is doing it and doesn't mean harm. She can be the old little lady next door who lives alone and has the time and curiousity to notice the business of those around them but craves the attention and has the boredom to so willingly be a reporter of that such business. As mentioned before, this busybody has no negative intentions like the above mentioned types, she doesn't even know she is being a busybody and this is an old habbit, part of her nature. You do have to watch yourself around this busybody type though. You don't want to make yourself the hottopic to this busybodys' coffee clutch or knitting circle. Just have some of her butterbrickle on her plastic covered couch and pet some of her cats as she tells you about your neighbor who forgets to shut their curtains when they jazzercise in their underware. This busybody type is known as the "nosey old biddy" or the "busybody ol grandma". The "nosey old biddy" type though can be very useful in many ways. They can tell you if your hot neighbor down the street has become single to questioning strangers lurking about in a suspicious manner.
It's something how an old run-of-the-mill charector type can have so many different types or groups that have so many different reasonings and motives behind them. A busybody can also have trates of more then one type and can be a combo. For example, I know many older women who perfectly fits busybody type #8, "busybody ol grandma", my mom can be #7, "smother mother" or I have a building manager that has a horrible cocktail of busybodies #1-5 and 7. Everyone knows a busybody or two, or three or thousands, and they can easily fit into any type or types. As uncomfortable as they can be, some much more then others, the key is to know what you are dealing with so you can deal with them, even though while sometimes dealing with a busybody we can be too caught up in emotional reaction to clearly see what's behind all their nieleness. So...Got busybodies?
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Having a Christmas where you have to be crafty and thrifty brings ones mind to places that it hasn't been before because you are not dristracting it with long hours in lines, malls and traffic, instead your mind goes to happy places of nestalgia. I just remembered recently how as a little girl I loved watching the gifts come in and accumilate under the tree. I loved counting how much everyone had, especialy for me. I loved looking at the gifts shapes, size, and of course I'd sneak a feel of its weight and rattle for its sound. I also recall noticing how as we girls got older our liking for a large present box gets traded in for the liking of a small present box as we move on from Cabbage Patch Kids and Barbies to pierced ears and cd's. I am looking forward to family visting on Christmas for the Sheraton Bowl. Who's gong to that this year? While I am not a football fan I do enjoy the festivities that surround these games and the fact that it brings family to visit us.:0)This also reminds me of fond childhood memories of Christmas gatherings with family. I would have fun eating and playing with my cousins then joyously playing with the toys Santa brought us. I loved having the family over to the house I grew up in. My cousins from my moms family would come over for the early part of the day then we'd drive down to Keaukaha to run around and play with the cousins in my dads family. Those were fun days. Yes, I am a woman who is blessed with many good cousins, actually lots of good family.
It's time for me to end my holiday ramblings and get some shut eye so I can be useful tomorrow. Please post your holiday happenings and ideas or even fond memomries or things you noticed as a child in your tweets, a reply, a comment or on your walls. I will try to maybe post this as a video later tomorrow night. Good night and have a great rest of weekend all.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Happy Spanksgiving yah naughty nibblers! Hehe. Gobble, gobble, wobble, wobble!
Happy Tofurkey day to all you vegans out there!
This is so cute I had to post Old Navy’s promo video “The Gobble” again. It's like a Thanksgiving "Para-Para". LOL. Post some videos of you guys doing this dance for me please.
To all you pilgrims in the hood!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
HALLELULIAJAH it's the HILLYWOOD SHOW'S ECLIPSE PARODY. Looks like my votes on thehillywoodshow.com paid off. The Hindi sisters really out did themselves this time. I love the music, costumes, choreography and more. I especially liked the wolf pack. Whoever can identify the singers of the other two boy versions of “Bad Romance please comment or message me it. Thanks.
Flashback! Remember the Hillywood Show's New Moon Parody? I loved every minute of it. A it’s bit of Twilight heaven.
Very old flashback that started it all for me! The Hillywood Show's first 'Twilight' Parody
Hello daddy, hello mom. Imma hahahahahahaha HILLY BOMB!
Not Team Edward, not Team Jacob. Just Team Hillywood! Hanna and Hilly Hindi from LV,NV presents 'The Dark Knight'. I love the choreography and music mix in this one.
Thursday, November 04, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
I thought I'd include more videos that I like from Kanye West. He is one of my favorite artist around. I'll of course add more videos of his as time goes by.
Now apparently Kanye more then made up for the shortness with this video by making “Runaway” because this video called “Power” is very short.
Kanye West films this video on Kauai where he owns a home now. That explains a lot of he inter-island flight sightings I hear about him.
Looks like Kanye teamed with Valdemort for this video.
This video makes me think of "Sin City".
I love the cartoon age in this vid.
Talk about a killer video. Ha-ha.
This song makes me think of “The Hangover”.
Kanye and T-Pain make a perfect collaboration.
This video has the late Anna Nicole in it. I love the crazy funkiness of Kanye’s older videos.
This video is cool and it has Pamela Anderson Lee guest staring in it.
Dion from “Clueless” is in this. I like the security x-ray scene in this video.
I've considered the career option of a gold digger. Hmmmm.... JK.
This is a good sing along.
This old fave always gets stuck in my head every now and then.
I love this cute cartoon of a video. I believe that the cartoonist for this video is well known in Japan.
Friday, October 01, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
I wonder what Jacob Black would think of this?....
Alicide and Coot are HOT. I believe that Patrick Swayze's little brother is the werewolf Sam. Jessica kills him as you can see in the memorial video.
Vampire spills some secrets of his kind.
I like me some Viking vampire!
True Blood only drinker (Ahem!) Nan Flanagan of the AVL and Lafayette’s boyfriend, I mean Rep. David Finch.
Bill and Lorena: Bloody love and devotion for 145 years and no longer going strong.
Thank you True Blood! Now I know what to do when under a werewolf attack.
OMG RUSSELL IS TRULEY MAD!!!!.... Warning: Has blood, guts, violence and some nudity. Not for the kiddies and squeamish. I love the end of this video.
Wanted: Russell Edgington..... Hell have no fury like a psychotic vampire scorn!
Good gravy Rev. Steve Newland just shut up and "meet" my sun!(grabs own butt)
Sookie the half fairy hybrid human southern waitress of Bon Temps? Hmmmm.
In memorial of all who have passed in True Blood. I know that I will especially miss Gran.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
I never heard a song from Sean Kingston that I didn’t like. I love to sing along to his songs.
I have to say that I like what I'm hearing from newcomer Taio Cruz so far. I'm thinking of getting his album.
Teach me how to dougie, teach me, teach me how to dougie!
Usher is another artist who’s album this summer is proving to be all good.
Nicki Minaj is sure getting around this summer, in a good musical way that is. Eeep!
Awwww, I love this BBM song. Makes me think of my sister and her Blackberry whenever I hear this song or see the commercial.
Cute danceable song, but it took me awhile to figure out the lyrics.
Out of the mouths of babes come the truth. My son turned me on to this song. Now I know why, it kicks booty.
I’ll confess I thought they said booty instead of boot it for a good while.
OMG! This is my favorite song right now, of course its good, Usher and Jay-Z are colabin. Can’t wait for the actual video of this song to come out.
Selena Gomez is always adorable. I love this song but I love her outfits in this vid. I wanna borrow this lil fashionistas glam squad.
We <3 I Carly!
This song actually grew on me. I love the Candy land themed vid. LOL
This song really grew on me. It makes me think of my son because he likes it a lot. I like to sing little parodies of it whenever I hear it in the car.
How appropriate, I discover this song at the end of a True Blood episode. It’s been a while since I heard anything new from the Eels.
I love this song, it mentions Mindfreak! :0) Can’t waite for the actual video to come out.
I made a new musical discovery this summer and that is Le Roux.
Welcome back Maroon 5!
Can’t forget the new Ke$ha.